Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Leslie Hagen

Welcome Leslie Hagen to Women Artists of Kauai! Leslie sculpts in clay and is most famous for her masks!

" My favorite thing is making sculptures and masks. Especially if they cause a giggle. Whimsical, funny, humorous, thought provoking and somethings bizarre would be appropriate words to describe my work. In between sculptures and masks I hop on the wheel and get lost in a spinning world. All the pieces in my Etsy shop have been hand sculpted, wheel thrown or a combination of both by me. All one of a kind. They are bisque fired and then glazed fired to cone 6. All the functional pieces are food safe. They can also go in the oven or microwave with care. And they can even go in the dishwasher, but like most things will last longer if hand washed."

Leslie has just finished working on her new website: http://lesliehagen.com/ .

1 comment:

TreasuresFromHawaii said...

Aloha and glad to have u in WAK Leslie! The whimsy, fun & talent in your work shows through - such a diverse collection you make...Brings a smile to my face...God bless...Dava