Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Carol Bevis

Untitled, Acrylic

Women Artists of Kauai proudly welcomes our new member, Carol Bevis!  Carol is an acrylics and mixed media artist on the north shore of Kauai.  Her mixed media pieces can incorporate found and recycled items including shells, beach glass, driftwood, old boards and frames.

Carol states, "My passions are exploring, expressing and creating, both the inner and outer worlds. When I am creating I am totally focussed and present with what is unfolding. Art is fun! A year and a half ago, I was walking past Wainiha and saw a "For Rent" sign next to Red Hot Mamas and thought, "I can come up with something for this." By the next day, the concept for 7 Artists Gallery congealed: a co-operative endeavor for emerging and under-represented artists on Kaua'i to empower and enable artists like me to focus on and live from our art. Currently, we are 11 women artists and the original vision continues."

Welcome aboard Carol!  For more of her work, please visit http://www.caroldianeart.com/ 

1 comment:

Donia said...

Yeah Carol! Welcome :-)